SC - creme fraiche( OOP)

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Mon Sep 20 09:54:53 PDT 1999

Hi,
I have used a recipe Poppa Gunthar sent out in Jan. and have had wonderful
results with it.  Everyone who has tried it has loved it.  When I add it to
my recipies in place of sour cream people think I am some kind of wonderful
cook.  --Boy do I have them fooled ;)

(my paraphrase- Gunthar stated it much better.)
Equal parts sour cream and heavy cream.  Mix together in a non-metal
container with a lid.  (I use an old tomato sauce jar and put plastic wrap
between the lid and jar) shake really well (hint-Put the heavy cream in
first and put the sour cream in by spoon fulls shaking after each.)  Leave
on the counter overnight.  in the morning shake again and chill.

Hope this helps,
Mere

Thanks so much
Fiona