SC - Ham

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 13:41:07 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/24/99 9:59:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< It is distinctly briny, and there's
 every reason to associate it with ket jap, which in several different
 southern Asian dialects means something like "fish brine". >>

Interestingly, I found this on a web site that had English Words from Chinese

- --

catsup from ke tziap; a condiment first used in the Roman Empire. Given this
bit of info I think the search for the origin of what we call ketchup (or
catsup) might be found a little closer to home.

Ras