Funeral Feasts - was Re: SC - Marion Zimmer Bradley: MourningSong (FWD)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:48:29 PDT 1999

I think it all depends on exactly who has died and where the gathering is
being held.   When I went to funerals for my ex-spouse family members,
almost everyone lived in the area, so taking home the bit left in your pan
was just slightly enlarging the amount that the granny would have pressed
you to take home anyway. In fact, she probably would have filled in the
empty area of your dish if you didn't watch out.

Another time, the granny was the one that had died, so there wasn't any
sense leaving food at her house.  Some was left and the daughter living
nearest took it home.  As family members returned in the coming weeks to
close up the house, they brought more food.

bonne

>Okay, a further question about local custom, if I may.
... At