SC - bibliography

Thomas Gloning Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Tue Sep 28 19:00:17 PDT 1999

Uhm, I am plundering the notes of articles I read, I am colleting the
information I get from friendly people, I note the titles mentioned on
mailing lists, if they concern cookery texts up to around 1800. The new
version 9.99 of this alphabetic, and thus very unsystematic collection
is available at:

http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/cookbib.htm
or via:
http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909 (choose "Alte Kochbuecher")

There are now about 1250 titles. Among the 200 new titles (in English,
German, French, etc.) are:
- -- Platina: On right pleasure and good health. A critical edition and
translation of »De honesta voluptate et valetudine« by M.E.
Milham. Tempe, Arizona 1998 (Medieval & Renaissance Texts & Studies
168).
- -- Reindl-Kiel, H.: Wesirfinger und Frauenschenkel. Zur Sozialgeschichte
der türkischen Küche. In: Archiv für Kulturgeschichte 77 (1995) 57-84.
- -- Paviot, J.: Cuisine grecque et cuisine turque selon l'expérience des
voyageurs (XVe-XVIe siècles). In: Bryer, A./ Ursinus, M.
(eds.): Manzikert to Lepanto. The Byzantine World and the Turks
1071-1571. Amsterdam 1991 (Byzantinische Forschungen
16).

In case you want to contribute, please, notify any title I could (or
should) include.

Thomas