SC - Graham Flour

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Sep 29 09:34:24 PDT 1999

Bear Said....
>Graham flour is whole wheat flour with the bran in it.  Considering
the
>extraction rates, modern graham flour is probably very similar to
period
>flour after the first bolting, which would be used for making wastel.
Fine
>pastries and breads would be made from flour of the second bolting.

Okay, now that this subject has been brought up....I make a mean
graham flour scone based on a recipe that a family friend brought with
her from Scotland. My problem is, is that graham flour is extremely
difficult to find and it certainly is not found here in Ottawa. Does
anyone have a good source I can purchase this commodity from?

Micaylah