SC - Kindergarden through 3rd

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 13:37:28 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/29/99 11:52:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<< I am currently trying to help a local school teacher organize some
activities
 for her TMR class (Trainably Mentally Retarded) and have been asked to
 provide some recipes that the home ec teacher could use to make some period
 snacks appropriate for people with the mental capacity of Kindergarten
 through third grade.

 I am at a loss as to what to suggest.>>

Hedgehogs/urchins are pretty easy, and fun to make.  Also macrows, losyns.

 <<One of the recipes she remembers eating
 herself was at an event in Warrior Run about 6-10 years ago and she
remembers
 that it was deep fried orange slices. Does this ring a bell with anyone?  >>
I remember having these at a feast some time ago (not in Warrior Run,
wherever that is, but about the same time frame).  They were served with
mustard and brown sugar to dip them into.  I have a sneeaking suspicion that
the recipe might appear in Fab Feasts.

Brangwayna