SC - Abso-Floggin'-Lutely OT - Re: Funeral Feasts

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 12:37:37 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/30/99 1:16:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Elysant at aol.com
writes:

<< eerrr.... actually, in Wales we do still think that if a wild bird flies
into
 the house
 there will shortly be a death associated in some way with one of the people
 who
 live (or work) there. >>

This is also an Irish tradition (the McCormick side of the family). As an
added bit of wisdom, a bird that bangs into a window trying to get inside is
a to foretell of news of the death of someone close to those in the house.

<< (And yes I've seen it happen too -- more than once.)>>

As have I. Just goes to show that the dividing line between science,
superstition and old wives tales (e.g., practical wisdom) is oftentimes very
blurred.

<< Elysant  >>

Ras
(who is oftentimes confused by being raised in an Irish/AmerInd home with the
PA Dutch influences of my gram's foster parents)