SC - Aethel Broce, scotch and spirits

Nelson.Beth Nelson.Beth at EPCRA.org
Wed Sep 1 06:07:15 PDT 1999

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEF47B.42087350

>Why did you promise such a thing? Dewars is not a good scotch, IMO. It is
>over priced and watered down to the point that the Pepsi crowd finds its
>washed out flavor pleasant because they don't have to think about it. It is

>not even 100 per cent  blended scotches. A good portion of the blend is
>citrus alcohol. Think TGI Fridays, Chi Chi's, Baileys and other high priced

>artificial garbage when thinking Dewars in the future. :-) If you are ever
at
>an event I will share some good scotch with you so you will be able to
>experience the difference. Of course, OTOH, if you and your friends are
Pepsi
f>ans you may well enjoy Dewars. Each to their own. :-)

Actually there were a few reason
1) 	this is the first time I have had scotch and as I say I usually work
up to the strong flavors.  I would be happy to take you up on your offer
sometime as I would love to taste what "good scotch" is.  Maybe by that time
I will have improved my cooking enough that I can bring something to nosh on
that you would approve of and enjoy.
2) 	When I told my friend what I planned to do with the Dewars he
objected to the waste of what he considers not bad scotch and since we are
both going to Glengary I offered to let him help me out by drinking some of
it.
3) 	The bottle was free to me as it was given to my father about 10
years ago (one of his customers at the time gave him something like 3 or 4
bottles but none of them had ever been opened to this point).
4) 	Rather than cart this thing around forever I decided to do something
with it.

Rest assured I would never offer such a thing to someone like you who has a
developed taste for good scotch, but then I will probably never be able to
afford scotch of your caliber.  I will just have to find something else to
bribe you with at some point.  (I'm sure eventually I will need to find a
bribe for you) :-)

Orlaith

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEF47B.42087350

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>SC - Aethel Broce, scotch and spirits</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>Why did you =
promise such a thing? Dewars is not a good scotch, IMO. It is </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>over priced and =
watered down to the point that the Pepsi crowd finds its </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>washed out =
flavor pleasant because they don't have to think about it. It is =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>not even 100 =
per cent  blended scotches. A good portion of the blend is </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>citrus alcohol. =
Think TGI Fridays, Chi Chi's, Baileys and other high priced </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>artificial =
garbage when thinking Dewars in the future. :-) If you are ever at =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>an event I will =
share some good scotch with you so you will be able to </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">>experience the =
difference. Of course, OTOH, if you and your friends are Pepsi </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">f>ans you may =
well enjoy Dewars. Each to their own. :-)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Actually there were =
a few reason</FONT>

<OL TYPE=3D1><LI><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">this =
is the first time I have had scotch and as I say I usually work up to =
the strong flavors.  I would be happy to take you up on your offer =
sometime as I would love to taste what "good scotch" is.  Maybe by =
that time I will have improved my cooking enough that I can bring =
something to nosh on that you would approve of and enjoy.</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When I told my =
friend what I planned to do with the Dewars he objected to the waste of =
what he considers not bad scotch and since we are both going to =
Glengary I offered to let him help me out by drinking some of =
it.</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The bottle was free =
to me as it was given to my father about 10 years ago (one of his =
customers at the time gave him something like 3 or 4 bottles but none =
of them had ever been opened to this point).</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Rather than cart =
this thing around forever I decided to do something with =
it.</FONT></LI>
<BR>
</OL>
<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Rest assured I would =
never offer such a thing to someone like you who has a developed taste =
for good scotch, but then I will probably never be able to afford =
scotch of your caliber.  I will just have to find something else =
to bribe you with at some point.  (I'm sure eventually I will need =
to find a bribe for you)</FONT> <FONT FACE=3D"Wingdings" =
SIZE=3D2>J</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Orlaith</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>