SC - Spice grinders

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 1 19:35:01 PDT 1999

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> For years I have been looking for a way to remove the spice smell left in my
> grinder after I grind spices.  I just got this info from a curry list that
> I'm on.  It seems like a good idea so I;m passing it on.
> Phillipa
>
> << Grinding a handful of salt afterwards will remove all the oils,
>  rendering the grinder usable for other purposes. >>

It should work, but I'd be concerned about dulling the blades of my
grinder with salt. You might try a couple of crackers. Le Menagier
recommends bread be ground _after_ the spices when you're using bread to
thicken a sauce or something, because the bread ground in the mortar
will absorb the spices and eliminate waste.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com