SC - Just to introduce myself

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Sep 2 10:08:20 PDT 1999

(I'm picking this up about a month late, while looking over some unread email):

At 4:31 PM -0500 7/31/99, Rayne and Richard wrote:
>"Remove" (the word) was used to convey information.  If you understood the
>word,
>no further explaination is necessary.  It matters not to me whether the
>word one
>wants to use is "remove", "course", "dish",  etc.  I was not aware that
>OOP words
>would cause alarm or require clarification on this list.  Forgive me.

The use of OOP words on the list does not cause alarm; we use them frequently.

The problem is the use of words that are neither period nor in common use
at present, and are used in the SCA because people falsely believe that
they are period. It is a problem because it results in spreading historical
misinformation.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/