SC - The Color Blue

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 3 19:24:01 PDT 1999

Catherine Hartley wrote:

> When I made this sauce, even with fresh berries, I could never get it to
> turn blue. I even used more berries than the book's adaptation called for.
> I made it about 4 different times to test, and served it at a feast...it
> never turned blue. It always tasted good though...
>
> Caitin of Enniskillen

What color would you describe it as? Also, what kind of berries did you
use? Mine turned out sorta indigo, a blue/lavendar shade, presumably
hence the name "cerulean". Not a daytime sky blue, with which the shade
is now associated by makers of towels and such, but possibly a twilight
or predawn night sky blue.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy