SC - Archer Cookies

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 11:07:40 PDT 1999

In a message dated 09/06/1999 10:06:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
agincort at raex.com writes:

<<
 In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, nutmeg and currants. Work in the
 softened butter. When well mixed, add the balance of the liquids and mix
 in well. The final consistency should be of a thick oatmeal or drop
 cookie dough. Add water or cream if necessary. Press dough flat into
 palm sized cakes, about a 1/4 inch thick. Prick with a fork, and bake
 for 10 minutes. The edges should turn a light brown when done."  >>
    If I may offer a slight variant......... *My* favorite way to get this
dough moist enough is to add more sherry as the extra liquid. Amazing what it
does for the flavor........ ;-) I also tend to mix the sugar for the icing
with sherry rather than water. Yummy stuff, if perhaps not *quite* what Digby
intended! *grin*

                Ldy Diana