SC - The first fish recipe

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Mon Sep 6 16:04:34 PDT 1999

Alex wrote:

>In general, I would guess that if the pie is dainty, cooked in a shallow
>crust, can be eaten in small slices, contains no large chunks and no bits
>such as bones to be picked out, etc., then it's likely that a short crust
>would have been used.

Just when I think I'm getting the hang of this stuff, I stumble on another bit
that completely changes everything. I've never run across anything that
discusses "dainty" foods and certainly would not have even considered looking at
this tart in that way. Dang. Just means I'm going to have to keep
studying...<g>.

BTW can you recommend sources where I might get a sense of dainty vs non dainty
foods? Size apparently doesn't mean much if the recent Icelandic chicken thread
is any indication (halves or pieces of chicken in a dough). Also, what sources
make distinctions between edible and inedible dough coverings? That would be
very helpful information.

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL