SC - Redacting, Reconstruction and more..(was St. Florians Royal visit feast (assistant cook's report))

Deborah Schumacher chicagojo at uswest.net
Mon Sep 6 19:37:09 PDT 1999

Heya to all!

Stefan said:

>Folks, Ras taught a real good class on redacting. I would encourage those
>who would like to increase the amount of recipe redactions in their areas
>to consider teaching such a class along similar lines. After the class
>I'm much more convinced that I may be able to so some redactions myself.

Ras what is the technique that you taught? is it something that has to be
learned in person, or can you explain it well enough in email? I'm curious
on this.

What sources would i use if i were to  plan a period feast today? Well I
must say i would reach for the miscellany, Take a thousand Eggs or more, and
the new Complete Anachnronist I just got.
I probably wouldn't use something off of the list, because like some one
else said, i would feel like i should ask each person their individual
permission. As far as using my own reconstructions/ redactions, well i
really haven't done any. So published recipes seem a little more proven,
then starting from scratch.Does that make sense?

Ras you said  you had only used on recipe from a published source in your
feasts. Do you just use your own redactions or do you use recipes from the
list?
Just a Curious one...
Zoe