SC - Populace goodies

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Sep 7 12:34:18 PDT 1999

Anya asked what people served for "Populace goodies":

>Not part of a feast menu, ot special foods per se, but a food you like to
>cook to give out to the general populace as they inspect your A&S exhibit,
>visit your camp, etc.

We usually bring to events a dish of various sweets, including current
cakes (Digby's Excellent Cake), khushkananaj, hais, hulwa, medieval
gingerbread, perhaps dried apricots and almonds, and mix up a pitcher of
sekanjabin (recipes for these in the Miscellany), and offer them to our
friends and anyone else who comes by.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook