SC -Lenten/Vegan ideas

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Sep 7 21:51:12 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 7 Sep 99,, that david friedman wrote:

> Things I would do include the salmon with wine sauce that was posted here by a couple people
> a while back, Platina's fried broad beans, maybe the noodles with almond
> milk sauce, potage of rapes (or maybe carrots) with a veggie broth, one of
> the versions of greens in almond milk, Platina's torta of re chickpeas...
>
> Other suggestions?

> Elizabeth/Betty Cook

I would include a few sweet dishes, and at least one with fruit.  Including
"desserts" is a good way to make a meatless meal seem less
penitential.  One of the pears in syrup recipes, perhaps, or applemoyse.
 Or one of the fruit-and-bread puddings.  Lenten apple fritters.  I rather
like the ginestada that I posted a while back -- it's a lightly sweetened
pudding of almond milk and rice flour, studded with dates, almonds, and
pine nuts, and flavored with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and rosewater.
And don't forget the gingerbrede...

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)