SC - favorite sweet

Marilyn Warren jamesronald_warren at bc.sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 8 09:45:35 PDT 1999

I vote for Turkish Delight!  I love the stuff and have just learned to
make it.  It is not really that hard to make, thought it does take
time and a bit of effort.  You get a BIG batch, though.  My first try
was not too successful, but I am getting better.  It was a bit damp
but tasted wonderful.  I froze it and ate it half thawed like a
truffle, rolled in powdered sugar.

I paid more attention the second time and it was much better.  I have
made a total of three batches and have it about right.

We had quite a discussion about this on the Arts list.  They also gave
out recipes.  I like Number 5 the best.  Yum yum!

Morgan Crawford of Shrewsbury