SC - The Color Blue

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Wed Sep 8 15:43:58 PDT 1999

Caitlin,
> It looked more like dark purple to me. The way I read the recipe, I was to
>
> understand it would turn blue.

I had problems with this recipe earlier this year - Mine was red! I am
interested in what type of blackberries you used in your version...

Anyway, if you read the original recipe it doesn't say anything about
"turning" blue. I'm assuming that in the original recipe it was just blue.
The "oxidization" seems to have been thought up by Mssers Redon and co.  Is
there anyone on the list who has contact with the redactors?  I would love
to know how their sauce Oxidized and what shade of blue it became.

However did anyone come up with a medieval definition of Cerulean Blue?  It
may well have been a dark bluish-tinged purple?

Just more thoughts for you

Meliora (finally catching up on these posts)