SC - Cookbooks to Australia

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Wed Sep 8 16:01:35 PDT 1999

Kylie,

> So what is the best (cheap but not tooooo slow) way to get them down here?
>
> Are there any merchants who import them in bulk and on-sell?

Marion works in the Library industry and I have networked some SCA-contacts
in the US and Canada.  A combination of this, web access and a credit card
is what we use to get esoteric books.  The only way I have found to cheapen
costs is to do a bulk order - for example, last Summer Acanthus books had
copies of "medieval Kitchen" on sale.  I posted this information around the
Lochac list and coordinated an order of 13 copies.  We got a discount due to
bulk and shipping prices (per head) were reduced.

I have coordinated similar deals with Potboiler Press for Falconwood and
Cariadoc's books - Alban even came out to Rowany with the order this year.
We are also using the same process to buy spices (from Worldspice and soon
from Francesco Sirene) and seeds from Richters.

To the best of my knowledge there are no merchants in Lochac that buy and
on-sell.  I and a few friends have considered it but no-one has the cash
upfront.

If you want specifics of our contacts, please feel free to contact me or
Mari privately.

	Meliora.