SC - The Color Blue

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Thu Sep 9 04:59:56 PDT 1999

Meliora wrote:
>I had problems with this recipe earlier this year - Mine was red! I am
>interested in what type of blackberries you used in your version...

Question for both Meliora and Caitlin: How ripe were your blackberries?
Sometimes blackberries seem to go right on darkening until they're getting
to the soft and almost bland stage of ripeness. Perhaps when they called it
blue they assumed that the recipe would be made only with the very ripest
berries.

Too bad this didn't come up a few weeks ago; I could have stepped right
outside and gotten berries with which to experiment. Now I'd have to use
frozen berries, and it's a lot harder to tell just how ripe they are.

Remember, when blackberries are green, they're red. ;-)

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon