Redaction (was: SC - Sources and documentation)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 05:13:03 PDT 1999

>Words change with usage and continued usage will
>result in the edition of another meaning for the word redaction. English is
>not a static language but continuously changes.

Interesting example:  I discovered this week that the word "thingies" is an
actual, well, thing, within a particular computer language.  When the
computer geeks working in that program discuss their work and use that word,
they aren't meaning "something technical that I don't know the word for",
they mean "thingies" dagnabit!

Bonne
(whose life is filled with whatchamacallits, thingies and whizbangers
because the real nouns so often fail to materialize in her brain.)