SC - Fw: Re: Wonder Bread Uses

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:06:55 PDT 1999

>Anne of Bradford wrote:
> >
> > My husband has successfully used wadded up balls of Wonder Bread to
>catch lake
> > trout...
>
>We always thought it made better food-fight ammo, and kept the feasters
>away from the good bread.....
>
>Seumas

Somehow my children, who were raised better, have developed a taste for
this.  These are not babes, they are 13 and 15 (perhaps some think they are
BABES, but that is different and both their father and stepfather must be
dealt with if someone voices that opinion).  I can only guess they learned
to eat fluffy bread at their dad's house.  We have recently given in: two
loaves of el cheapo white bread provide an awful lot of snack food for very
little cost. We don't keep chips, cookies, or anything that would fall under
the category "snack food product" in the house.  wondersponge with _____ on
it, or fresh fruit or a glass of chocolate milk are about their only
snacking choices.  This ensures that along about Thursday, when I go looking
for the real bread, there is some left.  Can't wait til I have a kitchen
comfortable to bake in again.

We used balls of it to catch breem and catfish in FL.  Back before the
zookeepers got more scientific about feeding their charges, we tossed it
over or through the bars into the gaping mouths of hippos, 'gators,  rhinos,
handed it to the elephant's nose, waited for the giraffe to lean wa-a-a-y
down to take it from out hands and oh yeah, tossed it into the pond for the
ducks and the carp.

Bonne