SC - oop-the sin of gluttany, pennance due!

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Sep 12 16:36:30 PDT 1999

*sigh* repletion!
I scored 11 lb. of asparagus for 5$ and we managed to go
through it in 2 days!
We made basic steamed asparagus and for a kick made a
cameline sauce for them [the spice is a nice break from
butter/lemon and hollandaise!] Also the sauce left over from
the sweet and sour beef from the apicius list [anthimus, de
obseruations ciborum, #3-de carnibus uero uaccinis] and in a
nice bisque with shrimp and brie...
margali
[*uuuurp*! I think I shall have to get out from under the
rock and do a few penance laps around the cathedral grounds
for this one!]

[PS, Ras, my dear one- at least i tried 2 period sauces!]