SC - Russian embassy meal

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 12 20:12:30 PDT 1999

Jenn/Yana wrote:

> >No time to let it get bubbly, and I can't find any of the concentrate around
> >here that would be ready in time.
>
> That's really too bad, my Pennsic batch turned out really good (according
> to the people who drank it).  I think I'll stock up on the concentrate next
> time we go to Chicago and send it out in care packages for all my Russian
> cook compatriots.  :)

Um, what concentrate would that be? I've seen kvass made from malt and
cane sugar, bread and cane sugar, honey, but concentration was never
really part of things, especially after drinking kvass...would you mind
perhaps sharing a recipe and explaining about the concentrates involved?

> Khorosho (good).  Have fun!

Not to change the subject, but...you know you're in trouble when you can
understand people's Russian without any other previous exposure than
Anthony Burgess's Nadsat.

Adamantius

"There was me -- that is, Adamantius -- and my three droogs, Gregorius,
Petronius, and Demosthenes, Demosthenes being like really dim, and we
sat in the Caupona Corona Civica trying to make up our rasoodocks what
to do with the evening..."
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com