SC - Early Spanish Feast

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Sep 13 21:55:20 PDT 1999

Micaylah asked:
> I am helping do a Feast here in Ealdormere (NO I am not heading it
> up!!) with the theme being early Spanish. I have absolutely no
> knowledge of this time frame, nor geography.
>
> Anyway, any information or direction to resources would be greatly
> appreciated.

I was going to ask just how early did you intend 'early' Spanish to
be, but your second message answered that.

These are the files in the Florilegium that I think might be of use.
I do not have things divided my time period with the SCA timeframe
and sometimes I have touble determining whether a particular piece
of info belongs in a Moorish file or a Spanish one, but perhaps
these will be of use:
In the FOOD section:
fd-Spain-msg      (24K)  8/ 4/99    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.

In the CULTURES setion:
Moors-msg         (23K)  1/22/97    Culture and clothing of the Moors.
Spain-msg         (20K)  1/12/99    Medieval Spain. Info. sources.

I'm not sure if the comments in this file would apply to the Moors
of Spain, but it might be worth a look. This is in the FEASTS section:
ME-feasts-msg     (20K)  5/19/99    Middle Eastern feasts. sitting, serving.

Hope this helps. I wish I had more.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: