SC - Dragon Stew (recipe)Period Political Correctness

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 04:03:48 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/15/99 11:56:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
THLRenata at aol.com writes:

<< 1 medium-sized stewing dragon
 1 acre potatoes
 3 wains large yellow onions
 4 carts carrots
 3 bushels peas
 2 pecks garlic
 1 bay leaf
 A goodly-sized rock

 Directions:

 Feed garlic to the dragon, reserving 2 cloves.  After 1 hour, take the rock
 and pund the dragon smartly betwixt the eyes.  Repeat as necessary.  Flense
 dragon and dredge lightly in flour.  Put cubed dragon in a phenomenally
large
 cauldron and add enough spring water to cover.  Bring to a boil whilst
 peeling and dicing vegetables.  Add vegetables and spices, including the 2
 remaining cloves of garlic. Lower flame and let simmer until the dragon is
 tender -- about a fortnight.  Serves 500 villagers or one large troll.

 As I said, I've never tried it myself -- no place to store the leftovers,
 since I don't have 500 villagers or a troll.  But it is nicely calligraphed
 and illustrated and hangs in my kitchen.

My dear lady,:-)

Not to be one of those food boors,BBBUUUTTTT, (Warning political Correctness
police) Potatoes are not period unless this is a new world recipe or verrry
late spanish.  I had believed that other than the dragons in Indonesia, most
dragons are now an endangered species and thus protected by international
law.  Are you sure your recipe is redacted properly or that your source is
valid.  At best this would be a period like dish.  Why spread the historical
inaccuracy.

And Your butchering method is barbaric. Hitting the animal until dead could
take awhile and thus cause the animal undue pain and suffering. IF you can't
put the animal down in one blow its cruel and human.

And the cooking method, over a fire would use so much wood that you would
deforest a national park.  You would be responsible for Acid rain, and the
ozone layer thinning if not disappearing entirely.  Thus either enteral cold
or warming depending upon which RUM theory you follow.

And Send me that beautiful item hanging in your kitchen.  I will personally
examine it in my kitchen for accuracy for a while.  Trust me.:->

Frederich