SC - Feeding Anya's big bad Mongol

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 07:31:27 PDT 1999

>Adamantius wrote:
> >I assume the Huns referred to in connection with Mongols and Cossacks
> >are the ones that didn't leave Central Asia long before Our Story
> >Begins. You know: the bad guys in Mulan.
>
>I had assumed that these Huns were the ones who settled semi-permanently
>around the sea of Azov when they couldn't find a successor to hold Attila's
>empire together. That would leave them in the same place as the Cossacks
>(and Mongols), if not the same time.
>
>By the way, when does "Our Story" begin anyway, and where? Or is that one
>of
>those questions that one is not supposed to ask?
>
>Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon

Our story begins with there being one guy in a canton in the barony with a
Russian persona who wanted to hold an event on that theme.  So he did. It
was much fun and very different for our barony. Now, he's doing it again.

First time around, due to car accident, my friend the cook was replaced at
very nearly the last moment by a guy who decided that a vaguely
middle-eastern/indian feast was the thing.  This time around the original
cook is cooking and her plan is vaguely eastern europe/russian.

Do the Turkish Lokma's mentioned in the Judge's mouthfuls thread sound
likely given the wide geographical and historical range of CMH? Finger food
is good because Pomestnik Nikulai, the autocrat, intends feast to be served
nomad style--attendees are being told to bring carpets, blankets, pillows so
as to be comfortable on the ground under a large pavilion out of doors.

Bonne