SC - ham

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:39:27 PDT 1999

Hello again,

There are also various Scots recipes for mutton hams (try Theodora
Fitzgibbon) - apparently pork was looked on askance by some sections of the
Scots community.

My usual indoor smoking technique is one I took from Elizabeth Cheong (Tiny
Delights) which she uses for fish.  Basically get one wok, pile green tea in
the bottom, put a cake rack on top, then the meat or fish and a lid of some
kind.  Put it on the lowest heat possible on the stove, and leave for an
hour.  Don't forget to reseason the wok afterwards because the tea sticks to
it, and you may also need to clean the ceiling if you do this regularly.

Cairistiona