SC - Ham

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 23 18:39:23 PDT 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> I certainly don't expect salt cured ham unless I order salt cured ham.  MOST
> of the time when you ask for a ham sandwich, what you get is processed pig
> meat, not necessarily ham.

That's possible. But then that's why we try to deal with reputable
markets and brands.

Now, about this processed pig meat. Is it cured or fresh? Or, by dint of
its being processed in some manner other than a traditional dry-rubbed
salt cure and optional smoking, is it somehow no longer ham?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com