SC - Attn Henry: Mincebek fritters

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Thu Sep 23 22:38:39 PDT 1999

Adamantius  wrote:
>>From MS BL Additional 32085, fols 117v-119v, late 13th century:
>
>"4. Mincebek. E une autre viaunde, ke ad a noun mincebek. ...

Okay. This is the original of the recipe that appears in a period
translation in _Curye on Inglysch_, Part V. The period translator forgot to
mention that tepid water could be used instead of almond milk, but the rest
is the same.

Thanks for mentioning this. Now I'm going to have to look up that article.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon