SC - Ham

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 23 23:14:21 PDT 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> So, if I just go into some Yankee butcher shop and ask for ham, which would I
> be most likely to get?  Smoked, Salted, or Sugared?

Yes.

Probably all of the above simultaneously. You don't see too many
unsmoked hams here, although around half are without sugar, I'd guess.
If you wanted a salted-only, green kind of ham, you'd probably have to
specify Prosciutto or Serrano ham, and there are probably French and
German equivalents whose names escape me at the moment.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com