SC - Can medieval food be heart-smart?

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Sun Sep 26 00:34:07 PDT 1999

Hauviette d'Anjou wrote:
> ... fish is a v egetable to most Scathians. ...

Is this something we really know, or is it now a fact because it was printed
in the _Known World Handbook_? I seriously doubt that anyone has done a
survey to verify this notion.

BTW, those semi-vegetarians who are willing to eat fish don't count as
evidence. They probably eat fish in addition to vegetables, rather than
instead of vegetables.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon