SC - Can medieval food be heart-smart?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 06:02:23 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/26/99 8:11:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ChannonM at aol.com
writes:

<< However, unsauced, non breaded or deep fried
 fish is not what I have seen as being welcomed at feasts and I guess that's
 what I was alluding to. I >>

The first time I served fish at a feast it was plain whiting fillets deep
fried. There was none left at any of the tables although a rounded platter of
it was served at each table. King Ruslan came back to the kitchen to ask it
there was any he could take home with him. The 'no fish' at a feast thing is
simply no more than a myth.

Ras