SC - Pennsic XXIX Butchering class.

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Sep 27 20:18:30 PDT 1999

OK, folks, I'm already thinking about doing it again, and I need your input.

This year, I was thinking about expanding a bit, and I have some ideas to
run by you, but understand, Anna, our hostess, will have the final say on
what we can and cannot do.

My original idea was to get rabbits, so everyone can have one, as well as a
small pig for everyone to share, and I was going to get myself a brace of
pheasant, because I've always wanted to try pheasant in its plumage- I have
ideas for down the road.

My second thought was that we could hold a general butchering, with each
person paying for the animal they wanted to do, with each person paying a
couple of bucks for the handouts- the lamb got paid for, but the handouts
nearly broke me.

What do you guys think? What would you like to do? Obviously, we aren't
going to have the facilities for a herd of cattle, or a camel, goat, lamb,
etc combo, but if people are interested, and Anna is willing, we can be
pretty flexible.

Alys, I was thinking of opening the class up to Pennsic again, guaranteeing
everyone a rabbit, plus maybe some extra bits of the other animal(s) at the
owner's suggestion.

Please let me know your thoughts......

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio