SC - meals for the eating of sins?

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 16:39:40 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

When I was thinking about the discussions about funeral feasts, I remembered
reading about the custom of sin eaters years ago in distant
lifetime(teenager).  People whom were hired to eat the sins of the departed
so that they could go to heaven or some sort of pleasant afterlife.  This was
symbolized by eating food off of or by the body of the departed.  (Don't go
there) I believe that this was/is(?) a welsh custom.

I am curious how much of this may be fact?  I am also curious about what
period foods were eaten during all Hallows eve both from a Christian
Standpoint and that of pagan persona during early period.  I forget what the
Celtic holiday at that time.

Lord Frederich Holstein der Tollhase.