SC - Spice grinders

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 2 07:27:33 PDT 1999

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> Thank you Master!  That sounds like a good idea too!  But will table salt
> from the cheap box of salt (nothing fancy) dull the blads any faster than
> hard, crusty bread?
> Phillipa

Probably not. High-gluten breads, dry or otherwise, aren't known for
kindness to edges, which is why serrated bread knives are used. This why
I suggested a cracker or two. On the other hand, salt probably wouldn't
harm the grinder unless you used it frequently.

I'm assuming a grinder like an electric coffee grinder. Mills, such as a
pepper mill, would work differently; salt would probably be better in
that case.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy