SC - SC Re: New CA: French Food in the Renaissance

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 3 21:17:57 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: LrdRas at aol.com <LrdRas at aol.com>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Friday, September 03, 1999 21:51
Subject: Re: SC - SC Re: New CA: French Food in the Renaissance

>In a message dated 9/3/99 9:44:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, harper at idt.net
>writes:
>
><<  I practically ignored my tiny once-a-year box
> of Godiva chocolate >>
>
>This is a good thing since Godiva is now owned by Nestles of the burnt milk
>taste in chocolate fame.
>
>Ras

Having just read "The Emperors of Chocolate" it's Hershey that has that
desinctive curdled and burned milk taste. It's because of the way they
condense their milk. BTW above named book is very interesting, and will
never let you look at chocolate, at least M&M/Mars and Hershey's the same
way again.

Anya