SC - Ras's Pennsic Drooling

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Sep 3 09:21:07 PDT 1999

At 2:16 PM -0500 10/10/97, Elise Fleming wrote:
>Greetings!  Lord Ras wrote:
>
>>What I envisioned was the cooks of the list showing up at Pennsic and
>>doing a Known World Feast thing each bringing their own special period
>>dish, ...

This reminds me of one of the nicest things that happened at thirty year.
The local cook's guild invited anyone who wanted to to do a feast, with the
guild providing all necessary support--shopping, kitchen help, etc.
Elizabeth and I took them up on it (I think one other team also did so).
We did an Islamic feast. It was great fun for all concerned--from our end,
like doing a feast where all the kitchen help were experienced cooks.

Doing something similar would be harder at Pennsic since, unlike thirty
year, the site doesn't include a modern kitchen to do it in. But with a
competent and well organized group, it could be done--either period, with
the host group providing fires, pots, shopping, kitchen help, etc., and the
cooks designing a feast suitable to the resources, or OOP using Coleman
stoves and the like.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/