SC - Bloody War

Ian Gourdon agincort at raex.com
Sat Sep 4 06:15:57 PDT 1999

> My exact point. It was pointless. No competition. No reason to play and win.
> no reason to participate in the silly pointless Marshall activities. The idea
> was stupid and those who promulgated them had purposes that were not in
> the same wave length as the MAJORITY of those who attended the event. Perhaps
> this time (the second after the silly Ruslan/Maggie friendship thingie) will
> get a clue. Competition is good and those who desire a good 'fight' far
> outnumber those who don't. I can name off easily several dozen people who
> did not participate in any activities competitively because to do so was
> 'pointless'. Maybe wake up and smell the roses would be better advise for
> both organizers and royalty at next years Pennsic. At the very least the
> level of entrants would be enhanced.
> Ras

I must question the 'Majority' opinion. IMO, the East has been playing
Pennsic World Domination much too insan - aggressively lately. After the
previous Pennsic, where it was quit playing before it's over (we can't
win), or was it the deadly churl insult war, a cooling off war was seen
as necessary. 'Win at all costs' creeps in too easily in our time. Or
perhaps it's the usual game, as the Middle shows a nasty tendency to be
slightly ahead when Aethelmearc is on their side. If just Politics, I
can extrapolate (redact?): "Anything is better than losing the war -
even a war without points is better than that."
Wake up and smell the napalm, you imply; maybe Aethelmearc should take
over the war, say I, and give every King attending war points. Sure, I
know about the Aethelmearc treaty; let them tear it up, and put Their
War to whatever uses They choose.
Now about those cuskys - good design for gambesons?...
- --
Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
- - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
http://web.raex.com/~agincort