SC - Ras's Pennsic Drooling

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Sat Sep 4 12:32:36 PDT 1999

>>Greetings!  Lord Ras wrote:
>>
>>>What I envisioned was the cooks of the list showing up at Pennsic and
>>>doing a Known World Feast thing each bringing their own special period
>>>dish, ...
>
>This reminds me of one of the nicest things that happened at thirty year.
>The local cook's guild invited anyone who wanted to to do a feast, with the
>guild providing all necessary support--shopping, kitchen help, etc.
>Elizabeth and I took them up on it (I think one other team also did so).
>We did an Islamic feast. It was great fun for all concerned--from our end,
>like doing a feast where all the kitchen help were experienced cooks.

I was part of this particular feast preparation and it was exciting, fun, and
educational. And all of us got copies of the recipes!

Unfortunately, I live a long way from any activity where experienced cooks might
gather to cook. The cooks in Alaska have begun working with period foods and
recipes but only recently and their number is small.

Should any cook decide to make the long trek northward, we Oerthans will provide
kitchens, equipment, helpful hands and lots of friendly people. We'll also show
you around a bit so you can see our wonderful lands.

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL