SC - Please advise about rice & lentils

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 06:26:05 PDT 1999

I seem to be having a run of bad luck with rice & lentils lately.  I recently
threw out a whole bunch of rice and lentils because there were live bugs in
them. The lentils came from India and the rice from the US (I think).

Now I've just opened up a container of Abrorio rice from Texas and I found
one dead bug.   (Grrrrr.....)

Should I throw out the rice or wash the rice and use it?  Does running under
cold water clean up lentils and rice so that you don't get sick?  Are bugs
unavoidable?

I am really grossed out!  I do not like bugs!!!  Please advise!
Many thanks
Phillipa