SC - Medlars and Sorb Apples

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 11:01:21 PDT 1999

sheltons at conterra.com writes:

<< Can anyone who isn't horticulturally impaired explain what these are and
 whether they're still used today? >>

Sorb apples apparently are a variety that may have been grown by the Wends, a
Slavic people that inhabited East Germany, but I have been unable to verify
this info. Given the word is most likely a basis for sorb, I would venture to
guess that it also is a type of crab apple.

Ras