SC - Populace goodies

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 17:03:30 PDT 1999

- --- Chris and Trish Makowski <roecourt at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> In this case I'm referring to the ones from A&S
> contests, Culture camp
> goodies, and so on. Mainly what the cooks here share
> with the populace at
> special events and so forth. (Another case, Caid's
> Golden Splonders)
>
> Hope that clarifies.
>
> Anya

Make that Canyon's Golden Splonders!  Caid has not
adopted them yet.  But they are the coin of the Canton
of the Canyons.  I know, because I initiated the
minting of them during my first reign of terror as
Canyons seneschal.  At that time, we were a small A&S
canton with no fighters in the Canton and we were
challenged to a border war with a neighboring Canton
who had one fighter.  They figured that they would win
by default.  However, I advertised for mercenaries in
the Crown Prints offering all the Golden Splonders
[chocolate chip cookies] they could eat.  Fortunately,
we managed to lure a Duke to our cause, because he
would do anything for Golden Splonders.  And we had a
bunch of Vikings who didn't want to fight for either
side, but for their own cause.  They managed to win
the war, but were sadly disappointed not to get the
Golden Splonders.  Hey, they didn't sign up as OUR
mercenaries, so they didn't get paid!  Duke Jason got
300 Golden Splonders for his efforts, since he didn't
have to share them with any other fighters.  He was
last seen that day carrying them all way, muttering
"Mine!  Mine! All mine!" Anyway, we have subsequently
managed to lure a mercenary household into the area
and we haven't have this problem since.  However,
Canyons' doesn't give Golden Splonders away for
nothing.  We use them as largesse or as a reward for
good service to the Canton.  And they frequently show
up at our revels, because we just love to eat our
profits.

Huette [a goon but not forgotten former ex-seneschal
twice for the Canton of the Canyons]