SC - Red color

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Wed Sep 8 09:19:54 PDT 1999

>I am in desperate need of a substance to color water red that will not stain
>fabric, but is safe to drink! This is for a Comedia troop, I Genesii. I hope
>someone can help me, I need the information as soon as posible.
>

>Thank you,
>
>Lady Anna oftderTurm
>
>Life is a Party. Each day is a gift, to be opened with
>Anticipation, Joy and Thankfulness.

Here's a list of the coloring agents Dame Alys & I have come up with so far
for our food coloring article.  My guess is that most of the fruit juices
(the most pleasant things here to drink) will stain. A magic shop might be
able to supply you with some color-changing "red wine".

The Coloring Agents, by Color:

Reds:

Alkanet	- soluble in fat, stains
Barberries