SC - The meaning of SCA combat

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 8 22:37:17 PDT 1999

Earlier, I mentioned that I thought that the story of the Mountain
Confederation/Ansteorran challenging the rest of the Known World was
in my P-hist-msg file. I want to appologize for this overzealousness.
I was basing this on looking at the latest update for this file which
was after Pennsic 27 without actually looking through the file. After
it was pointed out to me, I verified that I was wrong in this. Today,
I have updated the file that I wanted to put this story in (which
wasn't the one I indicated earlier). It is in the PENNSIC section and is:
P-stories-msg     (65K)  9/ 8/99    Pennsic stories.

I do not want to argue about it here, but when I read the messages
again in adding them to this file, it again brought tears to my eyes
and I thought some others might also like the story, whether it is
100% true or not. It is however related by three different participants.
To me the spirit shown on both sides is is the essence of good SCA combat.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****