SC - lime or sorbet, but not lime sorbet

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Fri Sep 10 07:23:54 PDT 1999

Does anyone around know a period formula for either lime (the non-fruit
kind) or sorbet? I've got one recipe for misenbec that says the batter
should be "as tough as any lime" and another that says it should be thinned
to the consistency of sorbet. If I just knew how thick these were I'd know
how to make misenbec.

As it is, I'm guessing that it should be a thick batter, not too thick
because all my sources agree that it runs through one or more holes in the
bottom (or bottom and sides) of a bowl, but not thin because one source says
that one can make it in a variety of shapes, so it must be thick enough to
hold together when cooked.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon