SC - Laurels, Pelicans, etc.

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Sat Sep 11 06:01:54 PDT 1999

I just KNOW there's GOT to be a good joke here somewhere on cooking
pelicans but I just can't seem to get it together:-)
Anyway, I always thought of myself as an artist until I started working on
a subtlty for 20th and then decided that CERTAINLY wasn't the case at
all.<g> I have both served as a cook and studied as a cook and while the
two have a lot in common, there are some very definate differences.  I can
understand why there would be areas of grey between cooking Laurels and
Pelicans because part of being a Laurel is to teach and that IS a service
as well.  I just always thought of a Pelican as a jack-of-all trades kinda
person...someone who not only cooked and washed pots but if the kitchen was
full, volunteered to do whatever else needed doing...
Just MHO,
gwyneth