SC - Russian embassy meal

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Sep 11 23:49:12 PDT 1999

Anya comments and asks for suggestions for additions:
> for  Their Majesties and Excellencies with retainers, plus my helpers:
>
> Siberian meat Pel'menis
> Roast Goose with Kasha and Mushrooms
> Braided Bread
> Honey cakes (with jams)
> tea, cranberry water, and lemon drink
> flavored Vodka

I don't think Vodka is period, even by SCA standards. How about making
Kvass instead? See this file in the Florilegium beverage section for more
info:
kvass-msg         (64K)  5/26/99    Russian drink made from bread or grains.

Tea? Also, not period. Lemon drink? While lemons were known in period,
I doubt Russia got any, at least not enough to use for drinks.

What is "Siberian meat Pel'menis"? That and the Roast Goose with
Kasha and Mushrooms sound interesting.

What are the honey cakes? Recipe?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net