SC - Orange Omelette - Question re. serving

Susan P Laing Susan.P.Laing at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Sun Sep 12 23:31:33 PDT 1999

Hi all -

Just a question to the list regarding one of the recipes that was supposed to be
served at my last event but was shelved due to the cry of "too much food"

: ORANGE OMELETTE FOR HARLOTS AND RUFFIANS  (MEDIEVAL KITCHEN P185)

The recipe in Medival Kitchen (by Redon) calls for this to be "served hot"

So the questions are :
A)Has anyone made it for an event and if so - how did you manage to get it from
the kitchen to the food bowls without it going cold
B) Does it taste alright when cool

& C) - I've heard that it's not precisely an "omlette" (ie fairly solid when
cooked) but more of a runny type of pudding - is this correct??

(I'm planning on playing with it next weekend but am interested in how others
found it)

Mari de Paxford
St Florians

ORANGE OMELETTE FOR HARLOTS AND RUFFIANS  (MEDIEVAL KITCHEN P185)

6 Eggs
2 Oranges
1 Lemon
2 tbspns sugar
2 tbspns Olive Oil

1.   Juice the oranges and lemon
2.   Beat the eggs, add juice and sugar
3.   Cook Omelette - serve hot

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads, or
of Queensland Transport. If you have received this electronic
mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and delete the message from your computer.