SC - Almond Paste/marzipan

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Mon Sep 13 13:14:47 PDT 1999

Helen wrote:
> Please tell me the difference between marzipan and almond paste.   I thought
>marzipan was made from the paste. But the tube of paste I see in my local
>store has the same ingredients listed as the tube of marzipan beside it. ...

Here's where the nutritional information can come in handy. If I recall
correctly, the stuff sold as almond paste has considerably less sugar than
the stuff sold as marzipan, even though the ingredients lists look the same.
This is also helpful with chocolate, where there can be many different
formulations using the same ingredients.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon